Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Cleared

Email received from Coach Gordy 7/23/2012 at 5:36.


"Good to hear Joe. Roll up your sleeves, time to get to work."


I woke up yesterday feeling like I was forgetting something. I showered and headed to work but couldn't shake the feeling. I sat in my chair and opened up my email. The meetings for the day came up and first on the list was: Doctors Appointment! SHIT! I called and was allowed to come in late. I ended up being about 1 hour late for my appointment. The people at UW Health were pretty cool about it, apparently they were on a slow day. I headed in for X-rays. The same nurse/technician who gave me initial x-rays working. She is pretty cute so I definitely sucked in the gut when I took the shirt off ;) (almost comically it was sucked in so far, but I caught her looking). Anyways, saw the doctor and talked about how cool bones are, they are pretty sweet, and at the end of it all, I asked can I race? He said: "You can do whatever you want, but you're still at risk." I figure if I crash I would probably hurt myself regardless. I was pretty excited and emailed Gordy at Speed Madison.


Sleeves are rolled up, and I'm getting back to work.


Next race is the Wausau 24. Awesome and well run event. The hours of trail riding will help me get my confidenc back so I'm pretty excited for it. Check it out!


http://www.wausau24.com/


Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment