Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Getting back on the horse.


Today was first day back on the mountain bike since the crash. I was excited to go, but a little worried my bike wasn’t totally up to it. I haven’t touched it since the crash since today. 20 minutes with a spoke wrench and the front wheel was good to go and so was I. Rain was in the forecast, but we said F it and went anyways. We met out at Cam-Rock after work at 6pm with the skies clear and blue.

We started down the path and things were great. We hit the single track and immediately I noticed my front tire was a little low on air. I decided that would be good as it would keep me from trying to push it too hard. Sometimes I wonder what makes me so dumb while on a bike. I kept going and things were fine. We got to the first technical downhill and I took it nice and easy, sort of. The last corner, it has a lump right in the middle of it and I’ve washed out there before. I hit it with a little too much speed and rolled the tire falling hard on my butt. It left a pretty good gash in my left cheek and dirt rash on the left arm. I pumped it up and kept going, but I was noticeably more timid, extremely timid to be honest. I was actually afraid.

Things got better, as it started to poor rain. No big deal for Cam-rock. It’s so dry that the trails stay good for a long time after it rains. But then came some serious thunder. We headed for the shelter and hung around until the rain broke and rode back to the car.

Hopefully tomorrow I can have a better day. There are some days you just need to completely forget; today was one of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment