Monday, July 8, 2013

Mikes Mix!

Last year, while working with the Wisconsin Cycling club at UW-Madison, I began working with a small local company that made a single product: recovery drink. They were simply looking o get their name out there and grow the small startup into something. Their philosophy is pretty simple, keep it simple and natural. Fast-forward to a few weeks ago and I was fortunate enough to pick them up as an individual sponsor. Beyond that their product line has increased to a whole catalog of endurance sports drink mixes.
 
What I like so much about Mikes Mix products is their simplicity. The classic recovery mix has 3 ingredients. It’s everything your body wants right after a hard workout or race, nothing more, nothing less. And yet despite this, it still tastes great. Not just good enough, but really good. The chocolate recovery mix makes a great hot cocoa substitute after hard winter rides too. The other huge benefit of its simplicity is the cost. Most recovery drinks will cost you $60 or more for a 4 lbs container. But you’re paying for a bunch of stuff you don’t need. Mikes Mix is just what you need, quality sugars and protein. All that and only a fraction of the price, $26.99 for the Mikes. As you might have noticed, I’m a huge fan.

I have been using the recovery drink for about a year now and I can really tell the difference between those days when I drink it after my rides and those when I forget. But they also make some new products that I’ve started using recently. They have a sports drink as well as some recovery drinks with special mix ratios for female athletes. I probably won’t be using the women’s mixes, but I’ve been using the drink mix as a replacement for gels during XC races and it’s making things a lot easier. Not more cramping! For me it’s always a struggle to remember to eat, but with the drink mix, I don’t have too.


So a big thanks to Mikes Mix for the support and for making a great product. If you’re looking for more information about their products, check out http://mikesmixrecoverydrink.com/. Believe me, Mike is a complete nerd about sports nutrition and an athlete himself, so the website is packed with everything you could possibly want to know about why the product is the way it is. If you’re interested in trying some, it me up! I’ve always got some to spare!

No comments:

Post a Comment