Friday, October 1, 2010

The Season Thus Far

So I decided blogging was a good idea, I guess facebook just wasn't satisfying me?

So this year I took biking a bit more seriously, and I was pleased with the results. My year started off about as well as it could. I started doing spinning with the club (UW cycling) in the winter, which was really early in the year for me. But I came out of that really strong, for Spring break. Spring break was awesome, but there was a noticeable absence of drunk women running around naked. It was mostly sober guys riding around half naked, what can you do I guess. I began racing WORS @ Iola, great race, but i didn't do all that well. I had a couple more races, but I skipped a couple because of family obligations. But even when I was racing, I wasn't killing by any means. As summer rolled around, I worked @ Willy bikes on west wash. I learned a ton of things about bikes. I was also able, somehow, to get out on rides almost every night. I must have been doing 20 hour weeks, it reminded me of spring break. It took its toll, but in a good way. I got so much faster, and learned what over training meant :(. I think the Subaru Cup marked the last race that I wasn't stupid fast. I think I have been age class winner in every race I did since then.

But now the season is coming to a close, and here is where i stand. 2nd in age class series points, and 4th overall series standings. Yea, fuckin 4th! A string of second places overall got me there. So im looking forward to racing Iceman Cometh in november, hope its not as cold as Chequamegon. I also have a bunch of cross racing to do, but I need to give the old body some rest. I feel myself getting fatigued, im starting to get burned out.

School isn't helping much though. I suppose it's really the other way around, but either way, school and biking don't always get along. I just need to learn to fuck it and ride. I think thats a sufficiently incoherent update on my life right now. I think everything will make more sense when I start blogging more regularly.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment