Thursday, January 13, 2011

From the couch.

I have been taking it easy the last few weeks. I’m still riding enough, to and from work, but certainly not training. The rest has been needed, but since I’m working full time, it’s hard to truly call it resting. I got a lot of rest when I went to go see my family in Connecticut. Hanging out with my grandfather watching sports was a surprising amount of fun for just sitting around. I don’t see him much and I have always looked up to him, so it was extremely nice to see him. As soon as I got back though, I was working full time at Saris.
There is lots of testing going on there.  I was working my ass off on testing a whole bunch of things, working through lunch and eating on the run. I think when they realized I was going back when I do; they all started giving me things to do before I go back. I just hope my hard work doesn’t go unnoticed. And on top of that, I don’t hate my job so it’s completely bearable. I mean, how many people get to break things for a living?
One other highlight of break has been getting things ready for the cycling season. I have been planning out races, getting my clothing for both of my teams, and planning out my purchases for bike fixes and upgrades. I won a really sweet FOX racing shock from WORS, super pumped about riding that. Plus I’m going to throw some nice new wheels on that bad boy. I’m expecting some pretty big things out of myself and the UW club this year should be exciting to be a part of it.
On top of that, a HUGE shout out to my new team! KS Energy Services – Team Wisconsin contacted me in the middle of last year, along with a few other teams. They really stood out because of their willingness to support me in every discipline, and still offer me to be more than just a work horse. I was really impressed by them at the team meeting we had last weekend. We talked about a ton of stuff. I'm really excited to be riding for them. Check out our sweet website www.teamwisconsincycling.com  .
I’m going to keep this post short, I’m tired

No comments:

Post a Comment