Friday, May 20, 2016

JM Coaching: Caleb and 2016



2015 was a good year for Caleb and we've already taken the time to meet him in this previous post, here I caught up with him to ask him a couple questions about 2016.


2015 was a good season for you, how do you look at it? Do you consider it a break through season for you? Or were you left feeling hungry after with unfinished business?


2015 was definitely a break through season for me. I accomplished almost every single one of my goals, went from top 30 to top 10 in the WORS pro field, and asserted myself as one the up and coming juniors in the U.S. 17-18 UCI cyclocross scene. Overall I am very happy with what I accomplished last season, I narrowly missed making the worlds team for cyclocross but accomplished every other one of my cyclocross goals and had a lot of fun.


In the 2015-16 CX season, what was the the experience like, racing with top junior names at big national event for the first time? On such a big stage?


It was definitely intimidating to line up against so many other big names at the big events. Starting in Providence, Rhode Island to L.A. to nationals in North Carolina I gained more and more confidence and realized that I could actually race with the big names and be competitive with them. This fall I hope to firmly establish myself as one of those big names in the U.S. junior cross' scene.

What are you hopes for spring and summer 2016? What about 2016-17 CX season?


This spring and summer one of my goals is to score some podiums in the Wisconsin Off Road Series(WORS) pro field and hopefully score some top fives. I also have set my sights on a mtb nationals podium in California as well as winning Ore to Shore and the Chequamegon Short and Fat. For the 2016-2017 cyclocross season I hope to travel to Europe and race, as well as make the worlds team and be on the podium at nationals. Locally I hope to win multiple Wisconsin and Chicago series P/1/2 races and nationally I hope to win my first 17-18 UCI race! It should be a very exciting season!



What has JM Coaching been like, how does having a coach effect your training?



JM coaching has been fantastic and has taken my racing to new heights in leaps and bounds. This is my third year with JM coaching and it is going to be my biggest season yet. Having a coach is very very important, as much as a rider thinks they may know about training and racing it is vital to have serious structure behind your season. Also, having someone on your side who is very knowledgeable about all aspects of being a cyclist and can provide insight to your season and racing is extremely important. Working with JM coaching has already brought me so much farther than I thought I could go and I can't wait to see what else I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment