Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Repairing ESI Grips

I’ve talked about ESI grips on this blog before, so you know that I’m a huge fan. I’ve been running the grips for as long as I can remember, and I wouldn’t run any other grip. And now that they’ve come out with their road tape a few years ago, you can bet that all my road bikes will be decked out with ESI as well.

But my only concern ever running ESI grips has been their durability. But that is no longer an issue. At the Fontana US Cup race I had a crash on the starting straight when some dude rode right into me on the start. I went down but was back up very quickly. I had a pretty good race and when I was done I went to talk to Gary, the founder of ESI grips. We were chatting about the race and the course and he noticed that my grip had a little rip in it. I was a little bummed, but knew that I had a spare set at home to replace it with. He said nonsense and grabbed some of their new silicone tape. I had heard about this stuff being used for making chain stay protectors, and all types of wrapping jobs on a bike. But Gary had another use.

He took a rag and some rubbing alcohol to clean the grip off. Then he took the silicone tape and wrapped it around the ripped end of my grip just short of 2 times and cut it. He made sure the end was tightly wrapped and pressed against the grip and he was finished. I was a little bit skeptical. Was that really going to work?

It’s been more than 2 weeks and not only is it holding, but I barely notice that the grip was repaired. So thanks to ESI grips for making the best grip on the market, and thank to them for making the customer experience even better by making repairs such a snap! Saved me the hassle of getting new grip and putting them, and even better, saved me some cash. Make sure you Check out ESI Grips!


Thanks for reading


No comments:

Post a Comment