Monday, March 2, 2015

Introducing my 2015 Racing Program

With the move out to Pullman, leaving Saris, Wisconsin, and my race team for the past 3 years , Team Wisconsin, a lot has changed. But change doesn’t have to be bad. It’s been a good amount of work, but I’m happy to announce some details about the coming season!

Before I do, it’s worth acknowledging how much of an amazing opportunity it was to ride with KS Energy Services/Team Wisconsin. Without the support and their belief in me, I wouldn’t even have dreamed of where I am was possible. When Dave Eckel talked to me a little more than 3 years ago at State CX champ in Hales Corners, I had no plans for racing in the future, but though it would be so amazing to get to race all the time. So thank you to that team, and the people that made it up.

Through my time on Team Wisconsin I had a great relationship with bike sponsor, Trek. Not only did they support us with some of the best bikes around, but the company atmosphere and company ideals are what it’s all about; working hard, enjoying life, and giving back. So I’m happy to say that I’ll be continuing to ride on Trek in 2015 on the SuperFly FS. It was an amazing bike last year when I race it, and I’m stoked to be on it again. Along with Trek, Bontrager will be my gear of choice. Specifically, I’ve been in love with their helmets ever since I put on one and the same goes for their shoes. The gear is ordered and on its way and I can’t wait to get on the trails and try it all out!

This was all made possible through my contact through the Trek Family to the local Trek Dealer right here in Pullman, B & L Bicycles. It’s worth taking a moment to mention how amazing it is to have a local bike shop. To be able to walk in and say hi to everyone is amazing, because everyone is a friend. That’s a uniquely bike shop experience and something that I don’t want to see go away. And B & L isn’t just any local shop. Brice, an owner and the fitter, is a national leader in the subject. And just from talking with him, knows everything there is to know about bikes. I am extremely excited to be working with him and the entire shop crew.


Returning for 2015 is some old friends and great supports of mine as well. Mike’s Mix, makers of hands down the best recovery and sports drink I’ve ever had will be keeping me fueled and recovered after hard days. They even have a few new products coming out soon including a vegan recovery drink mix! ESI grips, is back as well. The most confidence inspiring grips I’ve ever used. What you want from a grip is good grip on the bars, and ESI Grips make it effortless and that keeps me focused on the trail. I’m also pumped to be using there RCT wrap when CX comes around. Also returning for 2015 will be WolfTooth Components. I loved their drop stop chain rings this past CX season and I am excited to ride their rings on the MTB this coming season. Finally, after almost 6 years of working for Saris Cycling Group, they will be continuing to support me by way of PowerTap. I'll be getting race power data with the new PowerTap Disc Hub, which only adds a few extra grams of weight over my race wheels from last year. Super Pumped.

 
As for racing, I can’t wait to get back at it! The schedule is similar to last year when it comes to National UCI racing. But without WORS, I’ll be exploring the local scenes around the entire northwest including a few endurance based events. Check out my Race Calender for the full schedule, but here is a quick highlight:




·         Bonelli XC #1
·         Fontana XC
·         Bonelli XC #2
·         Sea Otter
·         Nordic Valley Stage Race
·         Missoula XC
·         Colorado Springs XC
·         Boston Rebelion XC
·         USAC XC Nats
·         WORS Cup
·         Mont Sainte Anne WC*
·         Ore 2 Shore
·         Windham WC*
·         Chequamegon
*pending qualification
 
There are a still few more announcement in store, so keep it posted for those as well as my impressions of my gear and thoughts from the race circuit!


Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment