Sunday, April 10, 2011

Little weekend recap

Saturday was the KS Energy - Team Wisconsin launch in Delafield at Revere's Tavern. The tavern allowed us to use the basement which was a very nice hall. We talked about some of the happenings with the team, rides, races and such. I was feeling a little bit sick so I stayed home from the Collegiate weekend to rest up. I decided i was up to riding with the boy, especially because we had out new kits! I am really happy with the design and how it turned out. The clothing quality is also exceptional from Kalas. I have to admit I didn’t know much about them at first, but the clothing fits well, its comfortable and seems durable. The day ended with a nice easy spin, somewhat at least, then dinner. It was a nice night.

The GDVC race #1 in Madison was scheduled on Sunday. With looming clouds it was hard to know if the race would be on. I woke up feeling better and decided to race. KS-Team Wisconsin has a great cat 3 squad so I was excited to race with everyone. We looked super pro in our new kits too. As it began I knew that it would be our job to control the pace as we had the largest team. The races had a huge head/cross wind on the finish straight, so the plan was to use our numbers and make everyone hurt. I sat on the front and pushed the pace only to look back and see that I had a gap. I originally wasn’t planning on this, but I had the gap so I went for it. I was chased down by a Brazen rider, Marshall Greene. I tried to hold his wheel, but dude is an amazing time trialist. I sat back in and rested up. With 3 laps to go I attacked on purpose this time from the small group of 4 that I was with. I knew that if I dug really deep I could hold them off. I made it to the last corner with the field closing quickly. I attempted to stand up and sprint for the win but was caught on the final little kicker right before the finish. Julio was able to sit in well enough to put out an amazing sprint for 2nd. I was happy to see it, as my work hadn’t gone to waste. Overall, solid weekend but I’m still sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment